Many women experience back pain during pregnancy, it is a time of great change, not only to your life but also to the body. These musculo-skeletal changes are caused by changes in weight and posture as the baby or babies grow and also by hormonal changes preparing the body for child birth.
Benefits of Osteopathy During Pregnancy
Osteopathy whilst pregnant can help alleviate some of the symptoms typically associated with pregnancy:
- Aches and pains (e.g. Back pain)
- Pubic symphysis pain (Dysfunction)
- Groin or abdominal pain
- Nausea and vomiting
An Osteopath can also:
- Advise exercises or breathing techniques
- Recommend in regards flexibility in the pelvis and abdomen to help with the adaptive changes the body has to go through in pregnancy.
- Provide advice and help to recover after birth
Benefit of Osteopathic Treatment After Birth:
After birth it is advisable that the mother and (baby) come for a check up and, if necessary, for treatment.
Osteopathy after a pregnancy can:
- Ensure your body recovers and returns back to how it was
- Help you regain your strength and flexibility
- Check and correct any remaining strains in the back and pelvis that can be a result of the labour or preganancy.
‘I found osteopathy of extreme benefit when i was pregnant with both my children. Ben was very helpful and understanding to my needs and concerns, i could not recommend him enough!’ Donna, Essex. (Mum of two)
Osteopathy is a safe treatment for any stage of pregnancy and post pregnancy.
‘Ben was enormously helpful in giving me advice and suggestions after i had my son. I was experiencing a lot of postural pain when breast feeding, Ben gave me lots of ideas and suggestions to use to help me cope and understand, plus i always felt fantastic after treatment’ – Claire, Essex (Mum of 1)
Please feel free to contact us for any advice or to answer any questions or concerns.
Quote ‘Pregnancy 1’ when booking and receive the first treatment half price.